Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Cesspools


cess·pool
ˈsesˌpo͞ol/
Underground container for the temporary storage of liquid waste and sewage.
  • a disgusting or corrupt place.

    I believe I've encountered a cesspool in my life. And it's not the kind of cesspool I just happened to come upon walking to school...there are particular things I notice in everyday life that contribute or add to the cesspool. They are the cesspool. The cesspool is growing. I've seen it especially lately. And it's the reason why I've had the boiling anger spewing, churning inside me, so much so, I have a sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach. Here's my attempt to relieve myself of some of the pain it's beginning to cause.

    Kids who laugh at or mock kids' opinions when they attempt to share in front of the class...you're a cesspool.

    When the proclaimed kings or queens in our hierarchy of popularity-the same kings and queens we unnoticeably put on pedestals because they have something we yearn for- when they make you feel less of a knight and more of a peasant...it makes you feel like you're wading through a cesspool.



    Friends who stab you in the back and break all moral codes of respect are cesspools...you say one thing, but completely contradict yourself and try to pull that? As a certain song would say..."when you see my face, I hope it gives you hell." 

    Me, on certain days, maybe I'm a cesspool. When all I want to do is get through the day and when I lash out at people who are just asking how I'm feeling...when I ignore the kid who is maybe having a worse day than I, when all they need is a simple gesture to make them feel like they exist in our cesspool of a school...

    Maybe I'm a cesspool for writing this...but I need someway to pull the plug bottling these thoughts inside me.




2 comments:

  1. "When the proclaimed kings or queens in our hierarchy of popularity"

    #Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The All-American Rejects!

    ReplyDelete