Monday, November 3, 2014

He had the whole world ahead of him

He had the whole world ahead of him...
To be honest, I don't know how to give a tribute. I feel as if there isn't a way you can adequately put the words together to properly honor a person's time on Earth. Because there's no way you can properly convey the impact they've had on you, friends, or their family. There's nothing you can write that can soothe the ache of a mourning mother's heart. But you try anyway...because sometimes a little thought can goes a long way. Gone way too soon.

He had the whole world ahead of him...
I don't know how the rest of the world can carry on as if nothing had happened, when for me, time has stopped, as my heart hurts.

He had the whole world ahead of him...
We are young with the invincibility of the super heroes of the comic books and movies. I'm sure that's how he felt racing around in that red sports car...failing to remember the streets were slick with moisture...
The Phenom...that's what they called him...
He had the whole world ahead of him...
He will never fulfill his potential...she will never be a mother.
Gone way too soon.

I originally began writing this in honor of 22 year old Oscar Taveras and his 18 year old girlfriend, who passed away in a car accident last Sunday...
But then I learned of another tragedy, one that hits way too close to home.

He had the whole world ahead of him...
Sometimes a little thought goes a long way. Unfortunately, it's at these times that we are reminded to treat others the way you want to be treated. You never know what people are going through. I didn't know him personally but I wish I did. The same way I wish I knew Johnny. Sometimes it's not the things you do say, but the things you don't. Maybe the problem is the kids who walk through the halls on mute as another kid walks by...and another...and another...the kids on mute like me. I'm sorry Hunter. Maybe this time I'll learn. Rest in Peace.



5 comments:

  1. This applies to Oscar Taveras and it applies to Hunter as well. So many of us have the whole world ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Soothe the ache of a mourning mothers heart"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's not the things you do say, but the things you don't. Maybe the problem is the kids who walk through the halls on mute as another kid walks by...and another...and another...

    This hits soooo close to home. Thank you. This was real good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There really is no way to express the feelings of anguish and sorrow....
    How do you try to honor someones life within the constricting boundary of words.
    This was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I don't know how the rest of the world can carry on as if nothing had happened, when for me, time has stopped, as my heart hurts."

    I know. I know.

    ReplyDelete